• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another 1 1/2 inch

89 jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 89 with a Rustys 3 inch lift. I would like to add another 1 1/2 inch lift. I have Rustys 3 inch coils and add a leaf already, what do some of you think about another 1 1/2 inches? A new kit or spacers up front and the rear?

Thanks

Shackles or shackle relocation brackets would get you that much in the rear. You could probably get that with spacers or new springs in the front.

Cheapest way to get an extra approx 1.5" up front would be a coil spacer/extra coil spring isolator.

Shackle relocation brackets are the way to go on the rear. I saw a BIG difference in the ride quality when I was able to get my shackle to the right angle. Also fixed my pinion angle. Add a leaf sucks though. You might consider making a bastard pack out of S10 leafs or Durango leafs. Front would be $120 for new Rustys 4.5 coils or do it cheap with spacers.

Your probably going to want either DB's or LA's!

at 4.5", longer control arms are needed or drop brackets, longer trackbar, longer brake lines, longer end links, longer shocks.....

Back