• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you think of this??

they sell one with a fan and radiator for cheaper :)
and wouldnt i be able to mount this on the front of the radiator on the passenger side?

Maybe, I have no clue what you already have mounted there. But if you are going to mount it on the front of the radiator why do you need a fan? No purpose, no need to for the fan. If that is where you want one, I would just grab a cooler off an explorer at the JY and call it a day. Save yourself $105.

edit, those types are meant to be mounted in places that have little or no airflow, like behind the seats in a buggy, if you are going to be putting it in front of the radiator then just get a stacked plate cooler.

but would you need a ran on it to keep the cooler cool like how the radiator has that pulling fan on the drivers side?

no, I do not think it is worth the money, and probably not worth the hassle either. Mine has done just fine with a normal cooler, I think it is about 8" square, for about 6 years now. Airflow from movement will be plenty. And the stock mechanical fan will be fine on the passenger side.

thanks a lot man :)
also when i hook that up and take the tranny lines out of the radiator will it keep the tranny cool enough. Like do you think it will keep it at about 140?

Who knows, that's really dependent on your setup, ambient temp, etc etc.

I second the explorer JY cooler - or if you don't like those ones, grab one off a ZJ/WJ/WK - not sure which, I think it was either a ZJ or a WJ I got mine off of.

whats wrong with the stock radiator and fans? your jeep over heats? if its not broke why fix it? alright you wana improve on it. its your money go fer it but if it were me...and stock is working fine. i would just leave it.

well then should i at least get a temp guage for the tranny so i cant tell if it is over heating?

That would be a good idea. You can pick them up at your favorite auto parts store I believe.

While you are at it, grab a trans filter and some fluid. That way when you pull the pan to install the bung for the sensor you can be more productive while you are in there. Unless you planned on putting it inline somewhere.

a guage does nothing, you'll never see it move unless pulling long inclines or deep sand.

also theres nothing wrong with putting in a good trans coooler, the ones they sell at vatozone are garbage. im getting ready to plump my tranny cooler lines with AN hose/fittings, and NOT installing a proper cooler with AN fittings as well would be a waste.

or maybe i want to make sure that when i am wheeling and now that i will have 4.56 gearing with 33's and i live in so cal so it would be nice to have a temp guage cuz where i live it get the the mid 100's and oi know jeeps are known to over heat so it would be nice to have a guage for the tranny to make sure that it isnt over heating...

in that case, you can get a trans temp guage at autozone, just try to mount it to the side of the trans oil pan so it doesnt get hit.

a guage does nothing, you'll never see it move unless pulling long inclines or deep sand.

also theres nothing wrong with putting in a good trans coooler, the ones they sell at vatozone are garbage. im getting ready to plump my tranny cooler lines with AN hose/fittings, and NOT installing a proper cooler with AN fittings as well would be a waste.

pipe cutter on stock hard lines, flare line, rubber hose double clamped.

BAM cooler installed.

Been running mine like this for 2 years without a problem.

Back