• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE opinions.......

that's the one im gonna go with. as for it leaking the baboon could have installed it wrong or forgot to use sealer or tighten one of the bolts or any number of things. im just wondering if i can use a front driveline out of a 4.0 auto as a rear with hat kit

I am running that SYE with no problems, but I got it BNIB from a member on here. From what I hear, and what camarors is saying, PORC's customer service reputation has gone down the tubes and people are waiting months for their stuff, and cannot get a hold of anyone at the company. For example: http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1023290

I found this SYE and it seems like a great price. Not much more than the Iron Rock HnT yoke. Does anyone have any experience with this brand or know anything about it? There are some good reviews, but one that said it leaked.

First,the Ironrock kit is a "hack-n-tap" not a HD output shaft(no comparison.Now,for just a few extra dollars(if you have a NP231 T-case) you can get an excellent quality kit from AA or JB Conversions.Heres my stock shaft compared to my JB HD kit.
014_11.JPG

500 bux is quite a bit though. The wife is getting a little tired of me throwing money at this thing. :/

That looks exactly like my Advance Adapters SYE, and I think it is the same picture. I was impressed with its overall quality and the output shaft is a thing of beauty. The only problem I had is ATF fluid seepage from the black plug covering the shift linkage. I guess I should have used RTV on the threads.

500 bux is quite a bit though. The wife is getting a little tired of me throwing money at this thing. :/
$500 gets you a quality sye AND a quality driveshaft, that is much better than reusing a stock front driveshaft. i just put one of these kits on yesterday and it was worth every penny. plus you figure you get a driveshaft for 50 bucks, spend another 100 to rebuild it, and it still has weaker splines, thin wall tubing, and prolly needs retubed, when you couldve spent a little more for something youll never have to worry about.

$500 gets you a quality sye AND a quality driveshaft, that is much better than reusing a stock front driveshaft. i just put one of these kits on yesterday and it was worth every penny. plus you figure you get a driveshaft for 50 bucks, spend another 100 to rebuild it, and it still has weaker splines, thin wall tubing, and prolly needs retubed, when you couldve spent a little more for something youll never have to worry about.

Thats the way I look at it. :thumbup: Dont waist money on doing it once only to go back and do it again.

Back