• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front end

azxj95

NAXJA Forum User
so i just finished up my lift took it down the street everything was fine untill i hit a good size bump then the streering wheel and front end started shakeing really bad couldnt stop it untill i almost came to a complete stop i start going again and its fine untill i hit a big bump and it starts again.
What could this be

The dreaded death wobble. Has it been aligned yet? That and a good shakedown on the front to check for loose parts would be a start.

What kind of lift did you install? You will need an alignment after a lift, and loose links will do it too.

nope no alignment yet and i pretty sure everything is tight ill double check thought i have a full size 44 and 1 ton steering up front is that going to matter when i go have it aligned

It depends. If its a crossover steering set up (drag link connects to both knuckles and tie rod connects to the passenger knuckle) then you shouldn't need one. I got death wobble really bad with my first lift just because the angle of the track bar was bad. There is a lot of stuff that can cause it. You could make sure your ball joint and wheel bearings are tight too.

everything is brand new so there shouldnt be any play and i dont have cross over steering my drag link connects to the bar that attaches both knuckels together ia cross over sterring better then the set u i have

picture.php

Here is what i have

That shouldn't mess up the alignment then. Was the alignment good on the axle before the lift? I would do like whitexj said. Get someone in the jeep and have them turn the steering wheel to see if anything binds or moves in a way it shouldn't. Check your front DS ujoint too. Ive had one go bad and vibe real bad. Good luck!

He could still have bad caster angles which I've seen cause death wobble.

An alignment can never hurt, especially with a 3 link. Your going to get a lot less binding than before so you will get more movement both on and off road.

Back