• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 brackets.

Matt98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of putting together a front d44. I don't have all the neccesary tools to make my own brackets. I was looking at the Clayton, and RE brackets. What are the differences in these? Both kits are $400, and I want to make sure I get the best kit. Any suggestions?

Matt98XJ said:
I'm in the process of putting together a front d44. I don't have all the neccesary tools to make my own brackets. I was looking at the Clayton, and RE brackets. What are the differences in these? Both kits are $400, and I want to make sure I get the best kit. Any suggestions?

You have a welder but don't have a Sawzall and a 4" angle grinder?
Go buy said tools, buy some steel, and make your own.

I bought the RE brackets. Everything worked out nicely.

Those prefab kits are over priced IMO. I went with a company out of AZ named Ballistic Fabrications. A few other guys have used them for parts here and there with success as well. I saved quite a bit of money doing that (a few hundred dollars) instead of buying a name like RE. Just my .02. Others suggest making your own...go for it if you have time. I don't have that much and have to buy stuff rather than make it myself. Oh well. To each his own.

Jes said:
You have a welder but don't have a Sawzall and a 4" angle grinder?
Go buy said tools, buy some steel, and make your own.

No I don't have any of those tools. I have acess to a welder at work, and will be working on this project for 1 hour a day while I'm on lunch. I have plenty of money, and I'm not worried about spending 400 on a set of brackets, but I don't want to shell out 3500 to currie or dynatrac for a complete axle either. Has any one used the brackets from Clayton?

I work at Ballistic Fab (www.ballisticfabrication.com/) We don't have an XJ kit but alot of guys love our stuff. You just have to find what pieces you want and piece the kit together. We provide all the brackets and parts for linkages. I would suggest using this bracket for both your linkages and your coils. http://ballisticfabrication.3dcartstores.com/Flat-bottom-radius-arm-coil-mounts-2_p_24-1184.html , along with the tracbar mount and the other brackets listed. Also check out the D44 knuckle shock mounts.

Matt98XJ said:

The T&T Customs HP D44 Install kit is a front truss that comes with the UCA mounts pre-installed in the factory locations. The coil spring buckets are designed to work specifically with the truss to make install a snap. Drop them on, set angle, and burn 'em home. Even the LCA mounts are easy to install. It was the purpose of this install kit to take the guess work out of differential swaps.

Here's one installed...

Resized_DSC04414.jpg

I talked to RE and they will sell the over the diff bracket for $100 so another RE whole seller will prolly give it to you for cheaper..
the get the Balistic set up and you could save a bit
thats what im going to do..I figure everything will set me backabout..$225 mayby a little less

baseballneal86 said:
I didn't see anything on the T&T site about the D44 truss/bracket system. Is this currently available? If so, how much?

The website is currently being updated to include all of the new products. But the pricing is exactly the same as the D30 truss located here: http://www.tntcustoms.com/webV4/truss_d30.asp. The full install kit is also available which includes lower coil spring buckets and lower control arm mounts. You may contact us by email [email protected] or at the shop - 307.775.9565.

Matt

Back