• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5" Exhaust Question For You Guys

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
My Cat and muffler and all piping in between is 2.5" then I am running the stock 2.25" tailpipe to a 2.25" inlet/3" outlet tip.....Now I want to get the 2.5" tailpipe to go along with it. I have a place that is already going to bend it up for me and everything, but upon looking further..I am worried about clearance issues. I am running 3.5" RE full packs with a 1" shackle and a Reese hitch. The exhaust cannot go between the leaf packs and the trailer hitch, no way. So when I had my exhaust redone the guy had to slant the tip down to clear everything and I hate the way it looks...the tip sticks out too far and I hate how much closer it is to the ground. I was just wondering what you guys did if you have the full 2.5" exhaust...and if you could post some pics of your 2.5" setup..that would be even better. I realize that I could just have the tailpipe cut shorter and then run a nice tip further back but still past the rear axle, but I also don't want to lose sound on account of having to either have no tip because of clearance issues or having to downsize part of the tailpipe back to stock 2.25". Just wanted some visual ideas from you guys on what you all are running with your 2.5" exhaust and any fitment issues you've had.

Thanks,
Cory

i dont have any pics, but i always wanted to run my exhaust over the leaf and exit out the side at an angle. if you have a lift shackle in there you prolly have enough clearance. something a little different anyways

i dont have any pics, but i always wanted to run my exhaust over the leaf and exit out the side at an angle. if you have a lift shackle in there you prolly have enough clearance. something a little different anyways

That's a really good idea....I wonder if it is more prone to damage when the leafs are flexing though?

im interested in this. is a 2.5 really nessary even with header or is the 2.25 good enough? also want to find a s pipe form header to cat in 2.5 if any one knows of one ?

Back