• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aussie miles.

Terrific

NAXJA Forum User
How many miles are people getting out of Aussie locked rear ends without problems with the locker? I've got about 7,000 miles on mine (in an XJ 44). Just curious to see if the Aussie is as reliable as my Cherokees have been over the years.

I've got 15,000 on mine in the front so far. No problems. Had the axle apart to regear about 4,000 miles ago and it looked brand new.

I just put one in my 29 spl 8.25 two weeks ago. It has been very easy to get used to. It is louder that a detroit, but i like that - it makes it easy for me to tell whether its locked up or unloading around a corner. As said before, coast it through corners and use light throttle/coast at the apex of the curve when you're making a sharp turn from a dead stop.

Front axles don't tell you much as they aren't doing anything. I only have about 1k on mine in the rear so I am interested as well.
I wouldn't worry too much about tho.

got 3 rigs out DD'ing that i assembled rear d44's w/ aussies for, all are fine! ones at like +10k, the others i'd guess at 6k and ~3k. all seem to quiet down at about 4-5k.

Back