• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory Fog Light Switch

dagr8tim

NAXJA Forum User
First off, I know this has been gone over many times. I know what the 4 wires are that go to the switch. My 97 SE didn't have fogs, but I got the switch bazel from another XJ. Being as my 97 didn't have the fogs, I know only the plug behind the dash is there.

In most installations you need to find power for the blue wire to use the factory switch. My question is rather than splice into the blue wire behind the panel. Does anyone know where the other end of the blue wire is. I'd love to find the other end under the dash and feed power to it there.

Looks like it terminates at C100... not too sure. Should be a violet wire from the fog lamp relay (power goes through the relay, then through the switch... whose idea was that?) to the switch, and a light blue from the switch to the fog lights. I think you may need to wire the violet wire to +12V also before it will work if your engine harness is not set up for fog lamps.

The violet wire is position A5 in C100, the light blue wire is position A4. C100 is the bulkhead connector between the engine wiring harness and the dash wiring harness on the firewall.

These wires may go a bit further (if so, violet will end up at the PDC, light blue will end up at C106) but I am unsure. Light blue should end up at position 8 in C106, the connector linking directly to the front light harness in the header panel.

Back