• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motion Offroad cage?

Do a search for motion offroad before you buy, they're know for re-badging other peoples stuff, jacking the price up, and selling it as they're own.

I'm almost positive thats an S&W Race Car cage, its about $100 cheaper to buy it from S&W.

Don't buy from those idiots please! :doh:

Yeah, you're gonna get slammed with responses to this one...

He's a rip off. Just like 9T3XJ and Flexdxj said. He's been kicked off of many forums because he's a parasite.

Search here, Pirate4x4, Greatlakes and a few others.

BTW, Greatlakes doesn't refer to Great Lakes Jeep Thing, but to Greatlakes XJ.

Yeah, you're gonna get slammed with responses to this one...

He's a rip off. Just like 9T3XJ and Flexdxj said. He's been kicked off of many forums because he's a parasite.

Search here, Pirate4x4, Greatlakes and a few others.

Wow, did he try to screw someone on pirate? Thats a bad idea. they don't screw around over there!

Wow, did he try to screw someone on pirate? Thats a bad idea. they don't screw around over there!
Camo called for a chit-chat jihad over the similarity between Motion Offroad's and Poly Performance's logos.

Whoops! I should've been more specific. I meant Greatlakes XJ.

Thanks Jeff :thumbup:
No sweat....

Some of us used to belong to GLJT. Not that they're bad folks, at all, I prefer this crowd.

Camo called for a chit-chat jihad over the similarity between Motion Offroad's and Poly Performance's logos.

Yeah , i caught part of that thread!

Don't buy from those idiots please! :doh:

Little over the line there aaron. He's actually a pretty stand up guy. He and his wife own the shop and store. I've wheeled with him quite a few times, he actually does build and fabricate his cages, will install them for you too if need be. Sure he's stepped over the line a few times and came off as a jack ass on occasion. But he has spent the time in fabrication and design. I've fun a few of his smaller parts like his antenna mounts, etc.

On another note, I bought my full CB setup from them. I couldn't get my antenna to tune at all. His wife Rebecca,(a youth pastor at a church, her other full time job) called and emailed companies in Bloomington FOR ME, to help me get the issued solved. She set up appointments, forwarded me emails, etc all to help solve my CB problem. I've had other offroad companies (not to be named) that have just said, tough shit use google and figure it out. These guys do care about there customers and will fight to help them out. There stuff is generally over-priced which is why i dont buy alot from them, but the stuff I read on forums who have never delt with their company is a bunch of crap. Once you have a personal experience dealing with Motion Offroad, come talk to me. Until then its all, "i heard my cousin's uncles friend heard that they were no good". Give me a break guys.

Also please keep GLXJ out of this, there are some great guys on those boards who have no affiliation with Motion Offroad. These guys were the first group of guys I ever did wheel with in the Midwest, its a group full of state troopers, marines, and everyday guys. Just because this one guy owns a company you have heard bad things about, doesn't mean the whole forum is that way.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just tired of hearing this stuff from people who have never had personal experience from these guys.

-Brendan

Little over the line there aaron. He's actually a pretty stand up guy. He and his wife own the shop and store. I've wheeled with him quite a few times, he actually does build and fabricate his cages, will install them for you too if need be. Sure he's stepped over the line a few times and came off as a jack ass on occasion. But he has spent the time in fabrication and design. I've fun a few of his smaller parts like his antenna mounts, etc.

On another note, I bought my full CB setup from them. I couldn't get my antenna to tune at all. His wife Rebecca,(a youth pastor at a church, her other full time job) called and emailed companies in Bloomington FOR ME, to help me get the issued solved. She set up appointments, forwarded me emails, etc all to help solve my CB problem. I've had other offroad companies (not to be named) that have just said, tough shit use google and figure it out. These guys do care about there customers and will fight to help them out. There stuff is generally over-priced which is why i dont buy alot from them, but the stuff I read on forums who have never delt with their company is a bunch of crap. Once you have a personal experience dealing with Motion Offroad, come talk to me. Until then its all, "i heard my cousin's uncles friend heard that they were no good". Give me a break guys.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just tired of hearing this stuff from people who have never had personal experience from these guys.

-Brendan
If you are so close to this guy, tell him to stop ripping off other peoples designs and products as his own.

I wouldn't say I'm close to him, I am just adding personal experience, which none of you seem to have yet seem to speak out against this company. Just saying.

its made out of handrail tubing. (=lower quality tube) thats enough for me to say no.
Perhaps you should thoroughly research this before posting such a general thing like "handrail tubing". There has been much debate on several sites as to what type of tubing to use. The tubes are .134", that's more than 1/8" thick. EWS does not automatically equal lower quality tubing. :twak:

Back