• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

QUICK help needed!

Texas Twitch

NAXJA Forum User
alright, i was installing my Hella 500s tonight on my 91 cherokee, and something popped. dont know what. here is a list of things that work and dont work:

WORKING:
headlights
starter
interior lights
gauge lights
door locks

NOT WORKING:
foglights
spotlights
fuel pump
windows
radio

this has got me frickin stumped. i looked at all the fuses, both under the hood and under the dash, and didn't find anything. is there a circuit breaker or relay that handles most power accessories? the Haynes diagram lists an electrical accessory 30 amp circuit breaker, but i have no idea where it might be. once again, not under the hood fuse box or in the under dash fuse box. i need to fix this ASAP because my window is down and i dont live in the best apartment complex. ive got most everything of value out of it, but im still worried. any help you could give would be appreciated.

you looked at them? try just changing the pwr window fuse!

ALL the fuses are OK. all this stuff went out at the exact same time.

and by look at it, i mean i took it out and mader sure it wasnt blown.

Working: un-switched.

Not working: switched.

Check the fusible link/fuses to the PDC.

long story short, got it figured out. it was the PDC max fuse for "ignition system" realized that this 60 amp fuse controls all "key on" accessories, and checked it since i went past it the first time. thanks for all the advice guys. i was tired, cranky, wet, cold, and wasn't thinking straight!

Back