• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IAT sensor relocation

Droopy76

NAXJA Forum User
I recieved my Rusty's airtube and K&N filter today. I previously relocated my IAT sensor to my stock airbox. Do you guy's think it would be OK to drill and tap the airtube for the IAT, or should I put it back in the intake? Any suggestions will be appreciated.:guitar:

Droopy

I have 2 MAT sensors on one of my XJ's, one in the intake and one in the air box and a switch to go from one to another. I use the intake MAT for winter driving and the air box MAT for summer driving. Just a thought!

I have 2 MAT sensors on one of my XJ's, one in the intake and one in the air box and a switch to go from one to another. I use the intake MAT for winter driving and the air box MAT for summer driving. Just a thought!

Can you tell the difference in how the engine runs?

I did the same thing, and got the same results. More pep, lousy mileage. Need to test the cowl snorkel setup and compare temps, but I can't find my notes from last year.

I noticed a difference moving the IAT on both my MJ and my XJ, along with a buddies XJ. Same results, more pep and a little less mileage.

Ok, been one of those things that hadn't made the Jeep-Do list, still thinking on it.

I like the idea of the switch/dual MAT setup.

Joe, I think if you drive conservatively, you might not lose mileage. Initially, as with most performance mods, the novelty factor is an issue. On my MJ I'm back to my normal MPGs.

Joe, I think if you drive conservatively, you might not lose mileage. Initially, as with most performance mods, the novelty factor is an issue. On my MJ I'm back to my normal MPGs.

Ok, good info, it just made the Jeep-Do list for when the rain stops.

We have a few cloudy days on occasion! High of 52 today and it was only slightly moist outside. LOL! :D

Back