• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New indestructable trackbar.

muddeprived

NAXJA Forum User
I wanted to upgrade my trackbar so I asked Andy from Iron Man to make me one and he went a bit beyond my expectations. :D

Here's the new bar compared to my RC Long Arm Trackbar:

DSCF7004.jpg

DSCF7009.jpg

Rough Country Trackbar:
DSCF7002.jpg

Iron Man Trackbar:

DSCF7011.jpg

:thumbsup:

Looks beefy! The only thing I don't understand about it is that at least from the angle in the picture it looks like its hanging below the axle.

Looks beefy! The only thing I don't understand about it is that at least from the angle in the picture it looks like its hanging below the axle.

It does hang down a little bit. It doesn't bother me though. I'm mostly a mudder so it'll just plow through whatever hits it lol.

I'd bet that at least a little of it is. I'd bet that the lower bend probably should be a bit less.

I'm a little more curious about the axle end bracket, looks like a good way to get a bit longer trackbar. Something you fabbed up yourself? Got any better shots of that?

I'd bet that at least a little of it is. I'd bet that the lower bend probably should be a bit less.

I'm a little more curious about the axle end bracket, looks like a good way to get a bit longer trackbar. Something you fabbed up yourself? Got any better shots of that?

Axle end bracket? The dana 30 t-bar bracket is stock. The frame side bracket is the RC long arm double sheer bracket.

bends are a little extreme

what size bolts does it use?

looks beef however

axle bracket looks stock to me.

edit: nevermind, mud clarified.

Axle end bracket? The dana 30 t-bar bracket is stock. The frame side bracket is the RC long arm double sheer bracket.
Hrrrmmmm.... I thought the stock bracket was a little more inboard. Guess I'm wrong.

Check the clearance with your oil pan at full stuff. You can do this with a tape measure to get a rough idea.

Got a good 6-7 inches of space between them. I don't think it'll come in contact. I'm bumpstopped pretty good to preserve my stock fender flares.

Andy is awsome i have talked to him a few times on the phone and ordered his rear adjustable shackles and they are beefy and awsome.

looks beefy....dont like all the bends. it can be designed much better....and thats being generous

other then the look of the bends, whats wrong with the "design"? as mentioned, the bends may allow for better clearance. do the bends make the bar weaker? doesnt look like it does to me.

show us how could it be designed much better???

Yes, the bends make it weaker. The direction of the force the bar sees is along its length. The steeper the angle of the bend the more it is prone to succumbing to the forces along its length and bending more. You need one bend to clearance the diff, and the other to clearance the stock axle mount when the driver-side tire is dropped way out. The lower bend is more than what is needed with no added benefit. It's great to use beefy materials, but the design has to be ideal as well. It will probably work just fine, the design is just not as good as it could be.

Last edited:
Yes, the bends make it weaker. The direction of the force the bar sees is along its length. The steeper the angle of the bend the more it is prone to succumbing to the forces along its length and bending more. You need one bend to clearance the diff, and the other to clearance the stock axle mount when the driver-side tire is dropped way out. The lower bend is more than what is needed with no added benefit. It's great to use beefy materials, but the design has to be ideal as well. It will probably work just fine, the design is just not as good as it could be.

i should have said, "significantly" weaker. as in, will it fold like a taco with those bends.

Alright Andy has decided to redo the trackbar to fix the clearance and also make it shorter since I had it at the shortest length. I didn't mind keeping the one I have now but I guess he wants it perfect and that's fine by me. Shows his will to make it right and achieve the customer's needs and preferences. I like doing business with Andy. :worship:

I'll post up pix of the new bar when I get it.

Alright Andy has decided to redo the trackbar to fix the clearance and also make it shorter since I had it at the shortest length. I didn't mind keeping the one I have now but I guess he wants it perfect and that's fine by me. Shows his will to make it right and achieve the customer's needs and preferences. I like doing business with Andy. :worship:

I'll post up pix of the new bar when I get it.

Thats awesome, glad to see he made it right and even re-did it so it would work better!

Back