• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC 4.5'' Lift

skullcandy

NAXJA Forum User
i am finally getting ready to order my long awaited lift for my 97' cherokee and i was wondering if i would have to order anything else to go with this i know RC recomended that i get the steering stabilizer and what size tire do you think i will be able to run with this i already have 31x10.5 on now with no fender flares and a lil trim i want to trim more when i get the lift put on thought. where would i find a good cheap set of flares cause i got pulled over and the cop said that my tires stick out to far and that i need to get a set put back on or he will write me a ticket next time lame

Not sure where your getting it or which 4.5" RC kit you are getting so general list

extras, (the short list)and what I used(am at 6" lift now)
1. new brake hoses front and rear (92 Chevy 1/2 ton lines, rear 93 or so Dakota line)
2. might need a s.y.e (slip yoke eliminator)for the transfer case (I used tom woods)
3. if need above will need new rear drive shaft (i used tom woods)
4. will/may need adjustable control arms(atleast uppers) to adjust the caster angle when done
5. degree shims to correct pinion angle in the back
6. new e-brake cables (i use 2 YJ passenger side cables)
7. longer or adjustable sway bar links
8. steering stabilizer, maybe, I now alot of people that run with out them and have no issue on/off road (i use a rancho one from work)

If you are getting the add a leaf save your money a bit longer and get the full leaf pack. The add a leafs sag really quickly whether it is the short add a leaf or the long add a leaf.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

This site is filled with these same questions "what do I need at such and such lift height". If you do a search you will find the same info as I typed above and more. I tell you this as we have alot of people that will just say "SEARCH it has been covered" so do not be put of by them. This is a great group of individuals with the same hobby, wheeling and having fun. Enjoy and good luck with the lift.

P.S.----Do not forget to soak all the bolts that will need to come off in PB Blaster or similar penetrant fluid days before the install. It will make it much easier.

I do have to ask why some people talk about longer e brake cables?i have 8 inches of lift and mine reach just fine..

another thing i was wondering is that what size of tire could i run with this lift i only have stock danna 30 front and stock limited slip danna 35 rear and have already had to replace one of the axel shaft in the rear driver side should i stay with 31's or can i do 33's cause i would like to run 33's if possible and if so what would be a good cost effective way to upgrade my rearend to do this

another thing i was wondering is that what size of tire could i run with this lift i only have stock danna 30 front and stock limited slip danna 35 rear and have already had to replace one of the axel shaft in the rear driver side should i stay with 31's or can i do 33's cause i would like to run 33's if possible and if so what would be a good cost effective way to upgrade my rearend to do this

The front axle is fine up to 35's the dana 35 however is a piece for the most part! Swap that out for a 29 spline chrysler 8.25 or a ford 8.8. Also, I didn't see a SYE on your list. You'll need one for a 97!

I just ordered the 4.5 RC long arm kit and plan to run 33x12.50's. Keep in mind that you may need to trim the fenders a little. Bump stop accordingly and you should be fine.

That kit will come with everything you need. And id stay at 31's till you get rid of that turdy 5

2001 lifted 4.5 with no sye and no vibes. Make sure you need it before you buy it. Oh, and I haven't done new brake lines just moved the front down. No problems with the back.

I do have to ask why some people talk about longer e brake cables?i have 8 inches of lift and mine reach just fine..

take a look what your e-brake cables are doing when you flex out. I can almost guarantee that they are stretched or limiting your flex. On my 89' my cables where limiting my flex when I was only at 3" lift

so i could run 33's then with little to no problem cause that is what i want and what about a sye some say you dont some say you do how will i be able to tell if i do or not and what is the deal with bump stoping i am sorry i am kinda still a newb to thing what will i have to do with that and how will i do it thanks for all the good info so far

so i could run 33's then with little to no problem cause that is what i want and what about a sye some say you dont some say you do how will i be able to tell if i do or not and what is the deal with bump stoping i am sorry i am kinda still a newb to thing what will i have to do with that and how will i do it thanks for all the good info so far

With the right rim back spacing, little trimming and bump stops your good with 33's. I myself am a newb and anyone here will tell you to use the search feature. This should get you headed in the right direction if you haven't read it yet?
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1021306&highlight=hockey+pucks

Oh... and one more thing for ya.....http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=968708

:read: :cheers: Happy lifting.

bump stopping limits how far the axle/tire compresses in the wheel well.

33's with stock gearing sucks on the road. you need to concider regearing in the future if you want to run 33's. regearing is not needed, but prefered if you like to have optimum performance over having cool looking big tires.

Back