• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sand Flea Rally April 24th - Flyers / registration forms

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
The sand flea rally will be April 24th this year. At sand lake, tillimook, Oregon. there is a 125 rig maximum so i highly encourage you get these sent in ASAP.

If you would like a flyer / registration form, drop me a PM with yur email addy and ill get one to you. (they are PDF format)

If you have never been before... it is a blast ! I think i have missed 1 or 2 in the last 15+ years. Great fun for the whole family, kids games and prizes, awesome raffle, great people, and a kick ass 4X4 event. its basically a poker run put on in the sand dunes at sand lake. A game at every check point along with a poker card. usually a pretty awesome prize for the top finishers.

Note for those who havn't camped there in a while. There are a few new rules... No moving vehicles on the sand after midnite, camping on the sand requires a port-a-potty of some sort, and absolutely NO Alcohal on the sand at any time !

Heres a cpl pics from past events
023.jpg

005.jpg

100_0628.jpg

100_0656.jpg

100_0647.jpg

Would be awesome if the NWC came out in force !!! :D

The actual event is on the 24th. So it is just a one day event. they usually have a tent set up the night before for pre-registration, driver packets, shirts etc... So folks don't have such a mad rush the morning of the event. we usually go for the entire weekend though, so we can enjoy a lil camping, the night life, and play in the sand etc...

and yes I will be there ! already sent in my registration. :D

I don't know about entering in the event but was planing on going anyway for the weekend. If I remember sand flea rally kicks off the camping seasion and they open the camp ground?

Dave

Got confirmation back this week, I'm in. We're headed down Thursday to nab a few legit camp spots. Stop in and say hi, drinks on me, assuming I'm not asleep next to the fire.:speepin:

FYI, co-pilot highly reccomended as several of the checkpoint events are two player. Here's a couple examples from last year...

-driver passes ping pong ball outside of vehicle to passenger via roof or hood

-passenger polo w/ golf club

-1/8 mile drag w/ hair pin turn, passenger pops balloon using stick w/ nail through the end

the guy at the sandlake store is really nice. just a flag and 2 zip ties is like $5.. Perfect for a CB antennae

the guy at the sandlake store is really nice. just a flag and 2 zip ties is like $5.. Perfect for a CB antennae

Yes Forrest is a really nice guy! Last year my son got stung by a few bees and we needed some Benadryl, But the store was closed. He opened up and gave me what I needed at 8pm at night.

One thing though. Don't forget anything when gathering up your camp gear for your trip. Because he will get you $3. for some butter every time.

Dave

Heading out Friday. Anyone else camping / showing up friday ?

Also, just a note. There are new rules as of last year

1. camping in the sand requires a "port-O-potty" of some sort. Be prepared !
2. No moving vehicles on the sand after Midnight. (unless you are setting or breaking camp)
3. Old rule but just incase... no alcohal on the sand ! (they deffinately step up patrols for these events)
4. 1 last reminder - have your tags and flags attached to your vehicle the second you drive off the pavement ! (i've seen folks get nailed pulling a 10ft tall trailer without a 9ft flag from the parking lot to the tree line)

Will be attending, but not entered... just for the day... support the club, watch, 'wheel some:yap:

all packed up... well mostly. Heading out friday bout 3-ish.

we'll be shooting for the first part of the tree line (ocean side of the flats)

See ya'll there !

P.S. Pray for sunshine !!!!

Back