• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BILSTEIN FITMENT ??

macs97XJ

NAXJA Member #1247
I ran across a NEW set of 4 Bilstein Shocks for FREE but do not know if they will fit.

Here is the info:

BE5 6139 H5 Extended roughly 23" compressed roughly 16
BE5 6137 H5 Extended roughly 28" compressed roughly 19
All four are the 5100 series

They call to fit Chevy/GMC with 4-6" lift.

I would like some input to see if these will work before I haul them home next month. I'm running a RC 4 1/2" kit.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
mac

the short ones would work in the rear, but theyd be on the short side for sure. the longer ones can go on the front without a problem really regarding length. my RE 4.5" kit came with 10" travel shocks. might as well try them since they were free.

well those are pretty short, one is 7" of travel the other is 9" on my RE 4.5 lift I had 10" Bilstien 5125s in the front and 12" in the rear

could move the shock mounts on the axle to accomodate the shocks. if they are in stock position it would be a good time to get them up out of the way anyway...
put them closer to the center of the axle, so they come closer to 90* to the axle and it will shorten the travel distance aswell.

or grab them, and sell them, use $$ towards proper ones... may want to find out the valving on them too, if they are meant for a full size, could mean a rough ride for ya.

Back