• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Replacement Springs

ReverendOD

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to be replacing my stock leafs in the next few months. Are the Quadratec Standard Duty Replacement Leaf Spring Packs quality pieces or is it worth the extra $25 a side for the OME Stock replacements?

2001 XJ
6Cly Auto
Stock

They are good quality...there are 6 variations of stock replacement ones sold on Quadratec & any place that sells Crown parts...do you want any extra height from them at all? The most popular and common one is p/n 4886186AA and they do about 1 3/4" once settled.

Best of luck.

No not really looking for any lift just wanting to get rid of the sag. Thanks.

If you are swapping leafs you may as well go up 2 inches via OME springs and if money is tight get spacers instead of coils for the front. Swapping out Leaf springs can be a PITA, so why do it more than once?

Edit- nevermind, he says he's going to lift and wheel it.

Why not just put the 2" OME springs on and be done with it? Seems kind of silly to buy new springs, and then replace them again. Use the money you didn't waste on stock springs and buy recovery gear or armor or whatever else you need.

Last edited:
Yeah I guess I could just put those 2" ones on and then replace the fronts later on to finish the lift, assuming it wouldnt look to silly with the rear end higher or on the 235/75's currently on it.

If you are swapping leafs you may as well go up 2 inches via OME springs and if money is tight get spacers instead of coils for the front. Swapping out Leaf springs can be a PITA, so why do it more than once?

That does seem like a better idea. Money is tight but my leafs are almost inverted on the rear so they needs to be replaced.

You will not regret buying OME springs. Their quality is superb, and the ride is just amazing. Once you have OME front and back with OME shocks, you will not want anything else on your Jeep.

Matt

There's a set of 1-3/4" TeraFlex coil spacers for sale in the national classifieds right now for $30 shipped. It wouldn't scream "Hey, look, I didn't budget for the rest of the lift yet", and when you get around to buying coils, sell the spacers.

Yeah I guess I could just put those 2" ones on and then replace the fronts later on to finish the lift, assuming it wouldnt look to silly with the rear end higher or on the 235/75's currently on it.

Meh i did it for like a year and a half on my old one! It looks ok after a while, plus when you load it down with gear or tow a trailer its level instead of sagging!:cheers:

There's a set of 1-3/4" TeraFlex coil spacers for sale in the national classifieds right now for $30 shipped. It wouldn't scream "Hey, look, I didn't budget for the rest of the lift yet", and when you get around to buying coils, sell the spacers.

What he said plus rear leaf packs. We'll get you to lift that sucker yet! :D

You will not regret buying OME springs. Their quality is superb, and the ride is just amazing. Once you have OME front and back with OME shocks, you will not want anything else on your Jeep.

Matt

Oh I can't wait for that day. Got a set of OME 934 coils now just need some rear packs and OME AAL's to get me where I want and some shocks!

Back