• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trans line problems on aw4

jeetyet

NAXJA Forum User
im having problems with the forword trans line where it goes into the trans. have tried double orings and that lasted a little while. ive replaced the white clips that lock the line to the fitting but it just keeps leaking fluid out of there. steady drip or steady pour. what ever it wants. i played with the clip alil and wiggled the line this past sat and it slowed the leak down enough to wheel but it started again. is there a upgraded fitting for the tranny lines out there or what can i do? got the lips from oreillys. maybe the fluid ate up the orings? they havent been in there 2 months.

I never reuse the fittings, they get torn up too easily while replacing the lines. New Dorman 800-714 fittings should help you, they cost about 6-8 bucks on rockauto as I recall.

Or - you can go to the plumbing aisle in Home Depot (not the one with the copper+PVC pipe, the other one) and look through the brass fittings section till you find one with the same thread as the stock fitting on one end and a 3/8" hose barb on the other end. Also get some PTFE thread tape, since your new fitting won't have the green O-ring to seal it against the transmission housing. Get yourself about 4" of 3/8" rubber transmission cooler line at your favorite parts store, along with 2-4 3/8" (or #14 I have heard) fuel injection line clamps. Wrap the PTFE tape around the brass fitting threads (make sure you go in the right direction so that the outside end of the tape will get pulled tight instead of unwrapped as you screw it in), crank it into the transmission housing snugly, then throw your rubber hose and clamps on. You may want to trim the steel transmission cooler line to length to make it sit evenly with the other one.

Back