• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Soft Doors

Built2Flex

NAXJA Forum User
Well the process has begun. After spending a couple hours bending some 5/16" round bar with some torches we have arrived at this. More complicated than I thought but I think it may work. I still need to add some more round bar for hinges and an interior handle. Then it's off to upholstery. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for a latch, so let me know if you have an ideas.

DSCN0055.jpg

Intereting. Is the top half of the door removable like on wranglers?

Pretty cool idea! what are you using for hinges? I'll be checking back to see how they look with some fabric on them

Intereting. Is the top half of the door removable like on wranglers?
Actually no. I did think about though. These are basically going to be used for muddy or rain days. So it's either off or on with them.

what about a pull loop like the factory rear seats. nice idea can't wait to see the final product.
You mean for the interior handle? Or a latch. I get the feeling you meant latch, in which case that is a good idea. Thanks.

Pretty cool idea! what are you using for hinges? I'll be checking back to see how they look with some fabric on them
Thanks! Hinges will be 5/16" as well. So that they slide into the original hinge location. I have to think about it a bit more.

They go out for upholstery early next week. I'll be sure to post those pics.

Actually no. I did think about though. These are basically going to be used for muddy or rain days. So it's either off or on with them.

You mean for the interior handle? Or a latch. I get the feeling you meant latch, in which case that is a good idea. Thanks.

Thanks! Hinges will be 5/16" as well. So that they slide into the original hinge location. I have to think about it a bit more.

They go out for upholstery early next week. I'll be sure to post those pics.

Shouldnt be too difficult to bend up and weld on. Should try and work in a door check of some sort so they dont open too far and damage the fenders ot the upholstery

Shouldnt be too difficult to bend up and weld on. Should try and work in a door check of some sort so they dont open too far and damage the fenders ot the upholstery

Thanks again! I knew I'd be missing something. Put that on the list.

yeah that's what i meant. its the afternoon im in a fog. so are you going to have vinyl windows that zip down?

Yeah. I think that's a must. Actually the majority of the door is going to be upholstered with clear vinyl so that visibility is good. Just the perimeter and the middle will be done with black.

i really like these, If i get the time and materials i would like to try to make some like the wranglers. (removable top)

Back