• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WON'T START!!

NW_93Sport

NAXJA Forum User
I took the motor out of my sport so i could replace the rear main seal and all the other motor seal. I put the motor back in it, got everything plugged back in and tighted back down, Went to turn it over and i got nothing. All i get is clicking..

I went back thru checked all of my connections, grounds and still nothing.

what could be the Prob?

Did you try taping the starter with a hammer? Starter solenoid might have jammed durring the removal.

Turn on you head lights, see what color they are will tell you if the batt has power or low power
They're a dark green with a really bright pink and right in the middle is a red pencil beam almost like a laser pointer...

Does this mean the jeep has the hInI flu?;)

dont trust the Gadges, lights, or any other electrical. i have had manny rigs do simular things. you may only be short a feiw cold cranking amps. and having this said all other electric will work as normal. just not quite enough to hold the solinoid in the "start" position while your on the key.

best bet is to get the batt plunger thing "not shure what there called" and test all the cells in that battery. make shure it is alright,and can hold a charge. then u may just need a charge. Most fuel injected cars have this problem on low batt voltage.

Bronze.

You pulled the motor to do the rear main?
all the gaskets minus the head gasket, plus a full engine degrease etc..
dont trust the Gadges, lights, or any other electrical. i have had manny rigs do simular things. you may only be short a feiw cold cranking amps. and having this said all other electric will work as normal. just not quite enough to hold the solinoid in the "start" position while your on the key.

best bet is to get the batt plunger thing "not shure what there called" and test all the cells in that battery. make shure it is alright,and can hold a charge. then u may just need a charge. Most fuel injected cars have this problem on low batt voltage.

Bronze.
its not the battery, its got to be the NSS.. the selinoid is not engaging at all.

CPS?

~Scott

Crank position sensor = CPS?

If so, No i doubt it, We cannot get the motor to "Turn over" a CPS would stop it from starting, but would not stop it from cranking..

Get a meter. With the key in the ON position, check for voltage DIRECTLY at the starter itself. You should have approx. full battery voltage.

If you do, the problem is most likely in the starter.

If you don't, then you need to start working your way back into the engine bay to find out why.

Quick test of battery and starter is to jump form the big wire on the starter to the small terminal on the starter. If that doesn't work, it's either the starter, battery, or the one big wire in between (or your main ground from the battery to the engine). MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN PARK.

Fixed.. Starter wire off fuse block was plugged into A/C ... thats what happens when you work on a rig 14 hours straight.

Back