• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trac bar problems

army green tank

NAXJA Forum User
hey yall im new here to naxja.. i have a 91' with 7.5 springs and 1.5 spacers/blocks and 35x12.5 baja claws on beadlocks with 1 inch wheeel spacers...it has currie upgrade steering and iron man control arms.. now the trac bar is the hd with the frame mount can i keep snapping the adj. end..now i have welded up the old one and even made a new end and snap ant ideas thanks
profile.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: tarc bar proplems

Hey y'all I'm new here to NAXJA. I have a 91' with 7.5 springs, 1.5 spacers/blocks and 35x12.5 baha claws on bead locks with 1 inch wheel spacers. It has currie upgraded steering and iron man control arms. The track bar is heavy duty with the frame mount and I keep snaping the adj. end. I have welded up the old one and even made a new end and it still broke. Any ideas? Thanks.
profile.php

You need a bigger, better, heavy dutier track bar.

OK back on the actual topic.

You are sitting too high for most track bars. I personally would bring the lift down to 6-7 inches, but that's just me. You can still run 35's with proper bump stops.

You didn't say what type of end is on the track bar. If it is a tie rod end style you are way over the limit on its movement. If it is a heim joint style you are not out of its limit but the angle of the track bar at 9" must be killer.
Can you post up a pick of the steering and track bar . Basically from side to side pic of the front and we may be able to help you out a bit better..

Check to make sure the trackbar isn't hitting the axle mount when the passenger side droops. This is a common issue with some t-bar designs where it will hit the mount on droop and cause it to snap. My gf's bro had a bds t-bar and it flexed too much and snapped it right at that very spot.

rock krawler makes a track/trac/tarc bar for 6-8 of lift, i actually just got mine and its made from solid tubing with a hiem joint, super beef!

OK back on the actual topic.

You are sitting too high for most track bars. I personally would bring the lift down to 6-7 inches, but that's just me. You can still run 35's with proper bump stops.

You didn't say what type of end is on the track bar. If it is a tie rod end style you are way over the limit on its movement. If it is a heim joint style you are not out of its limit but the angle of the track bar at 9" must be killer.
Can you post up a pick of the steering and track bar . Basically from side to side pic of the front and we may be able to help you out a bit better..

OP: You never did answer these questions. A little more info would be helpful.

Back