• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinion on Maxxis tyres please

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever used these as I have just found that they are sold here in Australia now? Ones like their Bighorn or UE 168 Bravo's? http://www.maxxis.com/products/automotive/product_thumbnails.asp?id=11#Light%20Truck
I have tried googling a review but kept getting ATV tyres.
I am after low road noise and good handling but no hard compound that can break up on the Outback roads I travel which is a problem here. I would like still a aggressive AT/MT type tyres but know it is hard to have my cake and eat it too! ;)

GSequoia said:
The look good on the Red Jeep.

But I haven't driven them more than 30 feet yet :D

I've got maybe 250 miles on mine.
So far so good, and they do look good.:D

Maxxis makes really good tires.
The Buckshot is a normal MT. The Big Horn is similar, I beleive a harder rubber and less void between lugs... These aren't going to last 60,000 miles.
More like 20,000.
The Bravo you are referring to has an agressive AT/MT look to it, I was considering them for my 2001 daily driver. This will give you best wear and ride qualities, do fine in the dirt and rocks... but not as good in the mud as the above two.

hi there i have been running the big horn tires for about 30000 miles they make a lil road noise but they are great tires i use mine going over rocks and in the mud and they have done great i will be buying the same tire next time also that how well i like them maybe that will help you out some

I've read reviews where people do get 45-50xxx out of them.
Where I ran across those is beyond be now, but I did see where great mileage was reported.

Thankyou you very much for the comments guys and also the link. Funny how you dont see similar topics when at the time you were not looking for opinions. I only just found out the day I posted this that I can even get them in this country. ;)

So how big do the 33" and 35" Big Horns truely run? I mean do they run like a BFG in size or more like an MT/R? If they are on the small size I might try 35s since these are so cheap.

I have been running Maxxis Bighorns for...five or six months now? Maybe a bit longer and have been very happy with them (so far.)
In that mud video it appears as though he was still running full air pressure. I have been running mine down to as low as 9 psi in the rocks and even less in the sand. They perform better in the sand than my old MTRs and havn't had any sidewall damage yet. But, lets face it, the sidewalls are not as well constructed as the Goodyears and they are made in a commie country!
For the price I paid (Thanks Mikey!!) I would buy them again and again and again....:D
Rick

Jump This said:
I have been running Maxxis Bighorns for...five or six months now? Maybe a bit longer and have been very happy with them (so far.)
In that mud video it appears as though he was still running full air pressure. I have been running mine down to as low as 9 psi in the rocks and even less in the sand. They perform better in the sand than my old MTRs and havn't had any sidewall damage yet. But, lets face it, the sidewalls are not as well constructed as the Goodyears and they are made in a commie country!
For the price I paid (Thanks Mikey!!) I would buy them again and again and again....:D
Rick

That's me in the video, and yes full air pressure.

Back