• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

04 TJ front Drive shaft.

CaliXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i was getting ready to buy the IRO SYE and drive shaft kit and a buddy of mine has a 04 TJ front DS. He had asked if i could use that. The ds WAS ON A np231 TC w/ D30. Will it work for a rear staft for my 91 XJ with NP231 TC and 8.25 Diff?

Per my Dana-Spicer catalog (J321-CV) up to an '00 TJ is 39.49" compressed (5spd tranny) or 37.95" compressed (auto tranny, or 2.5+manual/auto) so unless you are lifted to the sky or have a doubler installed, I doubt it. Or if they drastically changed the drivetrain from 00 to 04.

EDIT: if you find out for sure you can't, go to a boneyard instead of getting that part of the IRO kit, save a lot of money. Look for the XJ with the worst oil/power steering fluid leakage you can, it'll probably have the best front shaft due to the free rustproofing provided.

That shaft is about 7-9" longer than a stock shaft (the shaft most people use for a hack-n-tap with a front DS is , so you'd need a LOT more than a 4.5" lift to fit it. I'd bet up into the "retarded inbred redneck mudder" range, something like 20-30" of lift.

That shaft is about 7-9" longer than a stock shaft (the shaft most people use for a hack-n-tap with a front DS is , so you'd need a LOT more than a 4.5" lift to fit it. I'd bet up into the "retarded inbred redneck mudder" range, something like 20-30" of lift.
LMFAO!!! Yeah i don't plan on going that far!!!! Sweet guys. Thanks for the feed back.

Back