• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 vac lines all hook up same?

chris y

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so the set of 3 vac lines on my 87 xj got broke so im replaceing them with rubber lines well im wanting to know does it matter which line they hook to theres 3 metal ones then the three on axle is there a certain way they should be hooked up?do they use same vacume?thanks

Last edited:
Re: Dana 30 vac lines all hook up same?help

Well when i lifted mine they got broke i know the metal lines attatched to the frame there sitting on top like a top line ,,middle ,,low ,,i need to know what top hooks to on axle,,what middle hooks to,,and what the lowest one hooks to.. thats the only way i can figure to reference them..

Re: Dana 30 vac lines all hook up same?help

Well when i lifted mine they got broke i know the metal lines attatched to the frame there sitting on top like a top line ,,middle ,,low ,,i need to know what top hooks to on axle,,what middle hooks to,,and what the lowest one hooks to.. thats the only way i can figure to reference them..

Why don't you just go to the junkers and grab a vac harness off an old one. I got the whole vac line harness (both sides) for $8. Plug n play.

ParadiseXJ is right, that would be the simplest and quickest route.

You can figure it out with a vacuum gauge. You need a vacuum supply to the tc switch, an "engage" line and "disengage" line to the vacuum motor, and you can just plug off the 4x4 light port unless you honestly can't tell when the 4x4 is engaged.

Well i cant go that route because i lifted it to high the stocks wont reach i hooked them up last night before Got your message Joe Peters and read your message and went to test today and man the luck for once i must have got them all right because i have the 4wd light and all when i put in 4x4 i had to get it out in our massive snow and ice storm here in oklahoma even if i still need to alighn the front end..Thanks for the guidance.

Glad you got it!

Take care out in that mess.

Thanks for the help yea its a mess here 2 massive ice snow stormes within a month pretty crazy were used to tornados but not this mess..

Back