• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trophies...

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
i planned on doing trophies again this year. It was suggested that the carnage award be passed on year to year. what do you guys think of that ?

Also any suggestions on changing how we voted ? or did you guys think that worked out o.k. ? Personally it seemed like kind of a hassle tallying everything... but we can do the same if thats what works :wierd:

Suggestions ? thoughts ?

:eyes:

Rod aka Mojo

I would be more than happy to give the carnage trophy to another lucky winner this year. I think it should be passed on, and each winner sign and date it.
IMG_0150.jpg

Categories from last year:
Bought Not Built
Built Not Bought
Macgyver Award
Unsung Hero
"I swear it's an XJ!"
Rookie Driver
Carnage Award

I liked the categories last year, and the game that we played after the raffle on saturday.

Maybe we can do a best stuck (or recovery if the situation occurs) award? Mall Crawler?

-Alex

Hmm. the only one i even remotely qualify for is "rookie driver" and i've been doin this for 2 years now..

Unless. i pick up the carnage award.. F-that

I thought the voting worked fine but I didn't have to count ballets.

I agree with the passing on the trophy. I also think we should build trophies for each of the other catagories.
I would be willing to build one. I am sure a few others would be willing also.

Another alternative is to have several people build a trophy for a category.
The person who wins the trophy is responsible for building a new trophy for next year and so on.

Michael

I like the idea of custom trophies. I think we should try and get some homemade trophies for this years categories, and then whoever wins them will have the option of making a new one for next year, or passing it on.

I think the voting/tallying worked fine last year. Hand out the voting sheets during raffle ticket sales, and tally up the votes during dinner. We just need to dedicate an official person to tally the votes.

As for the categories did they work last year, or should we add/remove some?

I'll do a Built not bought trophy.
If you want me to do 1 or 2 others I wouldn't mind doing a couple of them.

Michael

I went through last years threads and picked a few categories I liked. Here's my suggestion list.

Best in Mall: Most used tool is a VISA
Built not Bought: Most customized XJ, built by the owner
Macgyver Award: Best rail repair
Unsung Hero: Person always out lending a hand
Carnage Award: To that unlucky person who suffered the most carnage
Tetanus Shot Award: Whether it's a beat to hell XJ, or a hillbilly deluxe special this awards for them
Rookie Driver: For the beginner who came out and showed the most enthusiasm and capability
Peoples Choice Award: For the XJ everyone wishes they had

Personally it seemed like kind of a hassle tallying everything...

Lyle and I split the tally job last year...it wasn't too hard at all, and I wouldn't mind doing it again. (Seriously took like 5 minutes)

~Scott

I will donate a sweet leather jacket for the Best Dressed category. :)

I vote for Joe to win best dressed. Infact I will wear a whitey tighty t-shirt to match Joe ;)

Back