• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME lift install....

recycledxj

NAXJA Forum User
I don't have any questions at this time but I wanted state I just finished up putting on my OME lift. Yeah the lift was used but I all have to say is wow just wow. I feel like I have a lifted caddy now. Yes you do feel the big bumps but it is very forgiving.

I live on the outside of Baltimore City and anybody that lives around my way can agree with me that are city streets are about as rough as dirt road. And with the OME lift it smooths the roads out a lot.

I love my OME lift. Did you get the OME shocks as well? For a small lift, I do not believe there is anything better than OME at any price (they are rather pricey). Firm yet compliant, very controlled feel, and impressive flex on the trail.

SANY1819.jpg

SANY1831.jpg

SANY1837.jpg

My 01 with OME HD springs and shocks (about 2.5in lift) on a wheeling trip to Tahuya State Forest in WA.

Matt

Also nice looking jeep you have there.

I removed my rear swaybar when I installed the lift.

As soon as I get my transfer case fixed I will have to take the heep out on a trip.

As it is right now, I need to remove my rear swaybar (free), add about two inches of bumpstop front and rear (hockey pucks front and 2x2 steel tube w/longer bolts rear), and come up with some sort of inexpensive discos for the front.
with just these mods, my Jeep should go just about anywhere a 31 inch tire rig has a right to go. Don't be affraid to push your Jeep to see what it is really capable of. Properly set up, XJs with a good short lift are amazing off road.

Matt

You can't even tell it was totaled. My first xj had a 3 inch lift with bald 31 inch tires, and I had the most fun with that jeep. My second jeep was built with 4.5 inches of lift and 33 inch tires yeah it went everywhere you can point the steering wheel but it was a pain in a...

I really like my OME springs, still running my autismzone special shocks though (for stock suspension height no less.)

Glad you pulled the rear sway bar, it's pretty useless. I was doing my lift one side at a time, so when I went to reconnect it I put one hand on it... went to push the link brackets down to get the bolts on... and said "this is useless and I am WAY too lazy to screw around with it" so I ripped it out and never looked back.

Back