• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory options.

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
Is there a sticker somewhere on my jeep with RPOs of what options my XJ came with ? ( I'm a chevy guy and every chevy has one so i am just assuming chryslers had em too)

camarors8992 said:
Is there a sticker somewhere on my jeep with RPOs of what options my XJ came with ? ( I'm a chevy guy and every chevy has one so i am just assuming chryslers had em too)

Depending on year, you may be able to request it from Chrysler via email.

- Go here.

- Explain that you want the option sheet for your vehicle and include the full VIN number as well as just the last eight digits that they request.

Assuming you gave them a valid email address they'll send the information to you, usually within 24 to 48 hours.

Option 2 is to take the VIN to a dealer and request the same info. Note that neither one of these may work depending on the year of the vehicle - Chrysler dosen't have records on a lot of the AMC-built vehicles, including some from after the changeover.

Send VIN to Chrysler requesting build sheet.

Mine is slightly wrong though. It mentions a stock suspension, but the only way to explain my 1" lift would be it has the Upcountry package......I don't know, the rest seems correct.

Blaine B. said:
Send VIN to Chrysler requesting build sheet.

Mine is slightly wrong though. It mentions a stock suspension, but the only way to explain my 1" lift would be it has the Upcountry package......I don't know, the rest seems correct.

It's possible that they fitted the heavy-duty springs but not the tow hooks or skid plates; some items could be ordered as options outside of a complete package. Could also be that a previous owner altered them, though if you've owned the vehicle from new that would likely negate that theory.

camarors8992 said:
It's a 1995 btw. I sent the form to jeep.

You should be fine. It's usually only the '84-'86 models and some of the '87s they have problems finding specs on.

mine was under the rear seat under the bolt for the seat belt receptical and then under the carpet. Full build sheet there from the assembly line.

Perhaps.....yea, no skids or tow hooks.....I'm the third owner. First owner was 9 years, second was 1 year, I'm 1 year so far. I guess that explains that, I thought you had to buy the entire package! Although it still states "normal duty suspension" and my Jeep is higher than most stock XJ's (gap between tires and center hub, I'm not counting the lift provided by my 30's.

I have taken my carpet out twice, its gone now, but I never found any build sheet in my '99. I did find "I love you Mrs. Blah blah blah" scratched into the sound deadening material adheared to the floor. Makes me wonder who owned my Jeep before, and what they were doing pulling the carpet up for? I wish I had a build sheet under there.

Yeah I just E-mailed Jeep and a Rep. E-mailed me back a list of all option's she could find it seem's fairly compleate.

begster said:
I have taken my carpet out twice, its gone now, but I never found any build sheet in my '99. I did find "I love you Mrs. Blah blah blah" scratched into the sound deadening material adheared to the floor. Makes me wonder who owned my Jeep before, and what they were doing pulling the carpet up for? I wish I had a build sheet under there.

lol it may have been some lonely person at the jeep factory. we got boxes at work with math problems scratched all over them in pen, figure somebody was doin homework on break

-Tim

1985xjlaredo said:
mine was under the rear seat under the bolt for the seat belt receptical and then under the carpet. Full build sheet there from the assembly line.

I found all sorts of misc. papers belonging to the previous owner and containing sensitive personal information under my carpet. I found a W2 form and bank and credit statements, maybe enough to steal someones identity. Good thing I'm an honest guy, I destroyed all that stuff. Who knows if the build sheet was mixed up with those.

bajacalal said:
I found all sorts of misc. papers belonging to the previous owner and containing sensitive personal information under my carpet. I found a W2 form and bank and credit statements, maybe enough to steal someones identity. Good thing I'm an honest guy, I destroyed all that stuff. Who knows if the build sheet was mixed up with those.
I found under my drivers seat a used mcdonalds ketchup packet, and the copyright date on it was 1988. My XJ is a 1988. But i thought all build sheets were in the pass. door panel?

88XJSport said:
I found under my drivers seat a used mcdonalds ketchup packet, and the copyright date on it was 1988. My XJ is a 1988. But i thought all build sheets were in the pass. door panel?

Along similar lines (though not XJ-related): until fairly recently I had a 1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16. When I first got it, the driver's seat switches would move the seat only the tiniest amount forward or back. Eventually, I tracked the problem down to a French ten centime coin stuck in the seat track; it had a 1989 mint date on it. I've always wondered if it fell out of the pocket of the guy who drove it off the line at the factory.

Didn't the jeep home page have a vin page for lookups, coulda sworn I read that here along time ago. I still have my window sticker but I noticed my panels and other parts that I've pulled off had a month and year written on them in magic marker....

Back