• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ignition ?

Yup...just brass cap/rotor and some new champion copper truck plugs and you're good to go.

Yup...just brass cap/rotor and some new champion copper truck plugs and you're good to go.

Agreed. You aren't trying to fire a high-compression racing engine at high RPMs.

If you are wanting your Renix to start quicker, then that is a Jeep of another color.

Renix has to "spin up" to 300 rpm before the CPS/CKP will send a good enough signal to the ECU to fire the plugs.

To start quicker, make the engine "spin up" faster--better battery, better battery cables, better starter.

I like Accel wires, and stock-spec NGK plugs. But, as said, going beyond that and a cap/rotor is not going to be worth it.

I installed a set of E3 plugs about a year ago. They are still in and just checked em as I need to get it smogged. They still look great. I noticed right away it started quicker and also increased .8 MPG.

When I did a tune up I used the accel super tune kit.. cap/rotor, plugs, and wires (they cost about as much as the kit cost) Some say that they have had good luck with a MSD coil replacement over the stock coil. For the same price you cant go wrong.

When I did a tune up I used the accel super tune kit.. cap/rotor, plugs, and wires (they cost about as much as the kit cost) Some say that they have had good luck with a MSD coil replacement over the stock coil. For the same price you cant go wrong.

MSD doesn't have a coil for the Renix, but you can wire in the MSD control unit. They make a harness adapter, and you have to drill one or more holes in the coil or ICM, but it is doable and the instructions are downloadable on MSD's website.

Back