• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 RC want to upgrade to 6.5

TheMule1

NAXJA Forum User
ive been searching everywhere but cant seem to find the answer, my question is would the control arm drop be the only thing i would need other than 6.5" coils, adj track bar, brake lines, and shocks? since i have the 4.5 rc with stock upper and rc lower im guessing im gonna need longer uppers correct? im stuck with getting new arms or control arm drops, since there cheaper.
thanks for the help.

You will also need a 2" lift shackle for the rear.

While the stock uppers are weaker, you can still use them. It will however move your front axle forward a little over an inch IIRC.

Check out Ironman upper control arms

Do you already have the leaf packs?
The full leaf pack will net you 4.5" without any shackle or AAL. If you get the AAL version, you will get the AAL and a 2-2.5" shackle.
Unless your talking about the 6.5" kit, which i believe comes with a 4.5" leaf pack and a 2" shackle.

my setup came with the aal and a 2.5 shackle, thats what i have installed right now. i was thinking about add another 2.5 aal. would that be ok? would think its almost the same as makein a bastard pack..

geez be patient or do the research yourself. two aal with be very stiff and ride like crap and not flex very good. you will need to get 4.5" leaf packs to do it right.

Do you have a SYE? Cause at 6.5 lift you need to take care of your rear driveshaft issues. How about a drop pitman arm? Need to watch those steering angles. Check out this link for Control Arm lengths at different heights. Charts at the bottom of the page, but read the whole thing so you understand whats going on with the angles when you install the drop brackets. Even though its a RE drop bracket example, the RC brackets are identical.
http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/re_db.html

Back