• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Passenger side windom out of commision

D.Silver369

NAXJA Forum User
I own a 2000 xj and i have been encountering problems with the window sometimes rolling up and down and sometimes not...when driving home today i went to roll the window down and it just stopped, no funny noises no pops no weird sounds just stopped.:confused: The passenger side button has never worked(since i owned the vehicle) i know that i will have to pull the door panel and check to see if power is going to the motor itself but i figured i would like to get some input before trying to get my window rolled up at 8:00 night in the cold weather

pretty sure you can push the glass up manually when you remove or peel back the door panel. I also have a 2000, and the drivers window cannot be rolled down, i have to push it down quickly a couple times until the "auto" catches and rolls all the way down.

I fairly sure its just the switch, but i did a search on ebay and you can only get the entire door assemble (from the window lock to the mirror adjuster)

heres a link on replacing the moter thing i found while searching so ill just post it.
http://www.josh-n-lisa.com/2006/08/29/howto-change-a-jeep-power-window-regulator/

Took the door panel off and not getting any voltage to the motor itself... Just to be certain took the motor out of the door held it in my hand and applied an outside power source and the motor turned over... So now the question is where do I get a new switch

Back