• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

control arm drop

xjlongo

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched and havnt found my answer so im going to ask.
I started out with a 3" lift kit and within the last year i added shackles and spacers for a lift around 5" it has been fine up untill a week ago when the bolts on my lower control arms kept coming loose i know im pushing it running lower control arms for a 3" lift and stock uppers so i want to know if i got drop brackets if it will help.

Drop brackets would be perfect on a 5" lift. Most drop brackets move the mounting points down 3-4".

I think the fix for the bolts coming loose is to get some better steel inner busings. Alot of arms come with steel bushings that have a seam in them and they will crush and never get tight. Get some steel bushings with a thick wall and no seam.

ive been looking at these but i have 3.5" of lift on RE kit it says this drops the mount 3" but every thing i read says you put it on after 4" of lift. anyway to the point would it work for a 3.5 since it would almost put the control arms exactly at the stock stock angle?

Back