• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

? About AFE Stage 2 intake system....

keep0njeepin0n

NAXJA Forum User
I am getting another XJ (98 4.0 AW4, 75k ORG. MILES!!!) Since my other one (99 4.0 AX15, 118k miles) was totaled. On my other one, I was running the Rock-It intake by turbo city and the Poweraid throttle body spacer by airaid. With that combo, my hood BARELY cleared!!!!! In fact, when I first installed it, I didn't have everything perfect and it kind of dented my hood from underneath.

My question is this...I like the AFE stage 2 intake system, and I still like the Throttle body spacer by airaid....Can I use this setup without any clearance issues, or is the AFE a taller or bigger diameter tube than the turbo city?

Anyone currently running this setup, please feel free to chime in!!

Thanks in advance!!

Yeah that was the plan, or at least until I get the cowl hood from quadratec.....but that doesn't really answer my querstion. There has to be somebody out there that is either running, or attempted the same setup I'm asking about.

Back