• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted: Cheap Paint Job

I thought I would give it a shot...

So I have had a green door on my red XJ for over a year now, and well, it's finally starting to get on my nerves... I know, I know, I shouldn't care, but hey I am already redneck enough. :eek:

I know I can go to maaco, and get it done for like 250. But that's just seems like too much to pay for something I am going to scratch, dent, and who knows what else to in the next year. I am not looking to paint the door jams, or even take out the current dents. I just want to paint it the same color (Red) again or maybe even just black.

I have never painted something before, so I am not looking to start and screw up something. So if anyone anywhere out there has the equipment, and the time to spray my beater for a cool 100 bucks, and their beer of choice let me know. (and of course I'll buy the paint)

Thanks and God Speed,
the bum

What year is your XJ and can you get the paint code off the trim tag and post it for us? With all the Cash4Clunkers in the yards..... we might just be able to find you another door in your paint color...... That'd be even cheaper as most yards get $40-$75 for a door.

Red is usually pretty easy to find too - depending on the red.

Go here if you wanna find your paint code info:

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/paintcodelocations.htm

Paint Code: PEA (Chili Pepper)

1998 Rear Passenger Side Door, and a Front Passenger Side Door while I am at it.... Please keep a look out for one....

Thanks

I think there is a XJ down in the springs that has that exact color. I believe it is the one without an engine.

Wonder if he will notice?

LOL, its in my garage you thieving bastids!!! :soapbox::cheers: AND - it will no longer be sans engine as of Saturday!!!!

Damn! Well at least I tried to save it from that fail oval blue engine!

it will run like blue butta, and probably be parked on your hood sometime next week:wave1::peace:

Back