• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lower Control Arm Options

nates94xj

NAXJA Forum User
It looks like my LCA bushings are in pretty bad shape. I drive a lot of crappy roads and would appreciate a slightly better ride. I noticed that OEM replacement LCA's with bushings already installed are real cheap from Quadratec. Any reason I should get something fancier? I have a 2.5-3" OME lift with 30" BFG AT's. I might go to 31"s real soon.

You Get what you pay for.. If you plan to never lift it and don't wheel hard, good stock style arms are fine. A set of adjustable lowers is worth the extra cash with any lift, though.

Why is that the case?
At lifts above 2-2.5 inches, the axle starts to roll and the aster angles go out of wack. Adjustable arms make it possible to adjust caster.

if you wheel rocks at all, id pony up a little extra for a decent set of adjustables. the stock ones are flimsy and like to bend. and it allows for adjusting the caster like mentioned.

Be nice! The stock arms are flimsy because they're supposed to flex. And yeah, if you play in the rocks, you'll eventually ruin them. They hold up pretty good to every thing else.

Last edited:
WJ arms are a good bit sturdier than the stock XJ arms - and they are bent to avoid rubbing if you go to a 10.5" wide tire or have rims with alot of backspacing. Oh - I got a set for sale but I can't compete with $10 like mentioned above.

Back