• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another "what color to paint my rig" thread

Wallyman

NAXJA Forum User
I have my 87 MJ ready to be repainted. Its red now. Im not a big fan of red. to be more accurate, its red with a biege driver door and fender. I really want to go far from red but i know thatll be togher with door jambs, under hood, and all that. more costly too. thats okay.Im reallllly feelin canary yellow. just am, no reason for it. Either that or OD green.Then a bit of a utilitarian military look.
I hesitite to do anythng too drastic because its an MJ and they are becoming a little more scarce year by year. I feel it an obligation to preserve it for future generations.:banghead: Or something like that.
So either stay with red, go yellow,or OD Green. Or something else. Ideas?

Black/Green or Black/Yellow or Black/Orange:exclamati

I'm still deciding which of these combination's I am doing.

I plan to do this same work. Body sometime later in the next month or two, axles are being done this week. Pretty much i've decided to go Black/Orange.

Purple, with big yellow stripes down the rockers and up the middle of the hood, and pink polka-dots on the doors and hood. That'll go good in Texas!

Sarcasm off :D
OD green is easy, and you can easily do that at home. Looks good when you're done. Only thing you're up against if you change the color: to make it look good and professional,you should do the door sills/exposed interior/under hood and inside bed to match.(and the cab closeout/front of bed)

I have my 87 MJ ready to be repainted. Its red now. Im not a big fan of red. to be more accurate, its red with a biege driver door and fender. I really want to go far from red but i know thatll be togher with door jambs, under hood, and all that. more costly too. thats okay.Im reallllly feelin canary yellow. just am, no reason for it. Either that or OD green.Then a bit of a utilitarian military look.
I hesitite to do anythng too drastic because its an MJ and they are becoming a little more scarce year by year. I feel it an obligation to preserve it for future generations.:banghead: Or something like that.
So either stay with red, go yellow,or OD Green. Or something else. Ideas?
OD green. Definitely OD green...

I'd personally go with OD green with bedliner from the crease in the lower body down (rockers/about 6-8" of the bottoms of the doors, etc) just because I think it looks awesome.

Just make sure you do good paint prep and use quality paint!

EDIT: as a bonus, using bedliner along the bottom section will keep it from chipping so much from rocks/road junk.

Back