• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

finally got some paper for some meats

y-townxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so I just got the last of the money together, to by my new tires, and now I am wondering if i should, get the 33's ''33 13.5 15 ltb's''. I planed on or wait to lift my xj more and get 35's, plus re-gear. I allready got the rims, so now, I just need to decide on a tire. I wheel mainly, in the mud and hillclimb but mainly mud with deep ruts....any info helpful......thanks

For mud wheeling, you need ground clearance. Thats bigger tires and tread. Then definally gears and power. Lift is not important.. just bumpstop so your tires wont rub

Definitely get some TSls, whether the 33" or 35" variety is up to you & your driving style vs how strong your axles are. I know the terrain you're talking about in our area.

I personally decided to stick with stock axles & 33" tires, I believe that with how I drive & 35s, I'd break a lot of parts. I never broke anything with the 33" TSLs I had. (Selling them was the worst decision I made on my XJ, I now run some buckshot mudders & they suck donkey b0lls)

thanks for the info, I only want to get the ltb's or get used 35's, though they are so much cheaper than the tsl's ''new'', they look to be close to the same. Why do you say, go with the tsl's...O and how many miles should i expect out of the ltb's if i get them.thanks

I've ran a lot of different tires on my junk, and none held a candle to the super swamper TSLs I had, and they were pretty bald when I got them. I play a lot in the Ohio/Indiana mud/hills & had great results with the traction I got with them. When you get up to 33" TSLs they weigh a LOT compared to other brands of tires, even of the 35" variety though, so I wouldn't recommend over 33" on stock axles (and most here say even that big is too big on a D35).

Back