• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel Backspacing

btfury

NAXJA Forum User
I currently run 33x12.5om BFG ATs on Cragar soft 8s with 4in of BS and have 4.5in of lift. My rig is flareless, and I don't particularly like how far the tires stick out past the fenders...

Just curious as to the minimum recommended backspacing on wheels for 33x12.5s and 4.5in of lift? I was thinking I could probably go with 4.5 or 4.74 and it might make it look a little better?

What about 33x10.5s?

Also, what is the backspacing on stock XJ wheels?

On my new 33x11.5s with 16x8 rims and 4" of backspacing, they stick out a little bit and turning is a little more difficult but I can turn nearly lock-to-lock without rubbing, so I'm a fan.

I currently run 33x12.5om BFG ATs on Cragar soft 8s with 4in of BS and have 4.5in of lift. My rig is flareless, and I don't particularly like how far the tires stick out past the fenders...

Just curious as to the minimum recommended backspacing on wheels for 33x12.5s and 4.5in of lift? I was thinking I could probably go with 4.5 or 4.74 and it might make it look a little better?

What about 33x10.5s?

Also, what is the backspacing on stock XJ wheels?

You have any pics? I've been kicking the thought around about this. 4.5 lift, 33x12.5 with 4.5 BS But would really like to see how much 4 in BS looks like. Thanks

If this helps....35/10.5's on 8.5" wide beadlocks with 3.75" backspacing , no flare
moretimmingofthefenders006.jpg

Last edited:
What width rims? Or what's the offset? I find offset a much more relevant piece of information than backspacing usually, since you can combine it with the width of the tire to find where the "center" will be relative to a stock rim + stock width tire to find how much clearance you're going to lose on the sidewall and how much the outside sidewall will stick out.

8in width rims... and ill try to get a pic up tomorrow.

anybody else have any opinions? im thinking 4.5in bs and 33x10.5s would work?

Back