• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC question in the winter, unanswerable

ChesterSPL

NAXJA Forum User
I have a AC problem that no one can give me a remotely reasonable answer to. I purchased the JEEP (89 Cherokee Laredo) about 2 years ago and have finally gotten fed up with this one problem. The high side line off the condensor had a hole in it when I purchased it. I replaced the condensor and lines, high and low side, replaced the dyer and vacuumed the system, converted to R134 and charged it up. Worked great for about 3 days and punched another small pin hole in the high side line again.

What is going on. I have no idea and everything I have read no one has ever said anything about having this problem. If is cold now but I would love to be able to get this fixed before summer.

a properly charged system doesn't develop enough pressure to create a pin hole in the lines in 3 days. I would look at how the lines are mounted and see if there's anything that could vibrate and wear a hole, or if anything may have come into contact with it.

I checked the lines and they are not touching anything they could rub a hole, that was the first thought I had. The hole is very small, a "pin" hole and can only see it if I shoot a little freon to the system and it leaks out.

Lets say it is making to much pressure, why or what would make this happen

Crap in the system somewhere.

New or used hose? Holes in the same general area of both hoses?

Back