• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strobe lights as rock lights?

they should be super bright but directional as well. I have a few shop lights that are led I love them. My only concern would be the strobe part making it hard for your eyes to focus

$1 eh? I guess you can't go wrong for a buck :dunno:

at least the type R sticker on the control module will add 5 horsepower :D

you could prob hook it up with out the strobe module..... as long as the resistors are not in there too

I have Vision X tantrum LED rock lights, you can get them to strobe and do all sorts of stupid stuff. When I get some free time I am going to cut that control module apart and hard wire in a on/ off switch. I am sure that you can make these strobes work with an on/ off switch.

-Alex

I wasnt going to use the control box. Just wire them like regular lights so they stay on all the time and don't flash.

I have Vision X tantrum LED rock lights, you can get them to strobe and do all sorts of stupid stuff. When I get some free time I am going to cut that control module apart and hard wire in a on/ off switch. I am sure that you can make these strobes work with an on/ off switch.

-Alex
How do you like em?
003.jpg

I wasnt going to use the control box. Just wire them like regular lights so they stay on all the time and don't flash.

unless there are resistors built into the light housings themselves you cannot hook the LEDs straight to +12v, it will fry them immediately.

On the other hand, it would take a little work but you could build resistor packs for the LEDs. You're not likely going to find just the LEDs for a buck.

Edit: Make that $6.20. Looking at the add, they won't combine shipping, so you get to pay full shipping on each set. 'Still might be worth while if you're good with electronics.

Last edited:
nope just run constant 12v power to cig lighter and use the remote

Back