• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie Antirock install

RedHeep

NAXJA #1499
Just about finished, I think I'm going to shorten the links just a little bit with the cutoff wheel, but otherwise I'm happy.

First, took a little inventory

DSCF2835.jpg

The next step is to remove the lower fender support, move the horn out of the way, etc. So I checked to make sure that stuff was really gone :D

DSCF2839.jpg

Next is to gain access to the front framerail and stick the nutplates in. Unfortunately, AJ's uses this as a bumper support :gonnablow

DSCF2840.jpg

So, off comes the bumper

DSCF2841.jpg

The light tabs were in a good spot, I used the hoist because I was a one man shop today

DSCF2842.jpg

Now we're getting somewhere. There's one hole

DSCF2843.jpg

And here's the nutplate installed

DSCF2846.jpg

Then you install the bracket with the back bolt, make sure the step is over the front frame overlap

DSCF2845.jpg

A quick center punch and a step drill bit and look Ma, two holes

DSCF2848.jpg

Here's both bolts through the bracket and the torsion bar and bushing installed

DSCF2850.jpg

I hung the arms here because someone said it was easier to line them up when you didn't have to fight them. But then I found out I couldn't get them over the tierod, so I had to put them in horizontal

DSCF2851.jpg

Arm installed, end bolt installed, squeeze bolt installed. Directions say you might see some splines on the end due to frames being different widths

DSCF2852.jpg

Wider shot

DSCF2853.jpg

Final clearance check on the steering. The draglink rod end just touches at full lock. It was really difficult to find somewhere to put the swaybar mount and maintain clearance. If you have a stock swaybar mount, this isn't an issue.

DSCF2854.jpg

I hung the driver's side link after i made it the same length as the one already installed so I could get the other mount close enough. Again, only extra work because I've got the D44 up front and I haven't welded the mounts on yet.

DSCF2855.jpg

Directions tell you to check the arms at full droop to make sure they don't invert while your driving. So I hooked the front of the jeep up to the hoist and lifted it until the tires came off the ground

DSCF2856.jpg

Everything looks ok. You can see how much the axle shifts by looking at the swaybar links

DSCF2858.jpg

Checking for clearance at full droop, I was happy to see the steering didn't hit

DSCF2859.jpg

17 inches from flare to tire at full droop. I've got limit straps that are an inch shorter than the shock length, so it will work out nice and not ruin those shocks.

DSCF2860.jpg

8 inches sitting down on the springs. I'm going to have to fold the pinch seam and maybe move the flares, I think we're going to rub

DSCF2862.jpg

I haven't driven it yet, because I've got the steering box bolts out for the bumper swap. I want to shorten the links up so I can use the inner holes on the arms if I want to.

Tomorrow I'll get my DetoursUSA bumper on the front.

I just got my antirock installed also, I recieved the straight steel arms. I noticed some of the pics on currie's site show the beant/clearanced arms.

I was wondering if you ran into any clearance issues, as the straiaght arms seem awfully close to the inner fenders

Looks great. One of the best mods on my TJ, and will get one for the XJ. They'll benefit the XJ greatly by making the rear work a little more.

Back