• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speedometer

Borego

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone had a speedometer that doesnt work, all other gagues work except this one. I replaced the speed sensor thinking that might fix the problem but nothing happpen.
What else should I do?

Tell us what your working on,year/body/engine/TC/ect.It helps if WE know--not just you......

Take it to a shop? :dunno:

Does the odometer work? If the odometer works but the speedo doesn't, that points to an issue between the ECU and the dash cluster rather than between the drivetrain and the ECU.

I just replaced the whole cluster gague and nothing the same thing.
Everything works except the the odometer/speedometer.
It doesnt mark the miles nor speed.
I dont understand. Is there something im missing?

Did it just stop working? Mine stopped working midway through a cluster swap, but I removed the gauge from the cluster. Then, cleaned up the connections on the printed circuit. It was starting to gunk up. Just a thought.

It worked and stoped on 70mph
then it never worked again.
I banged on it and nothing.
I wiped it down but nothing.
Thats what I dont understand, why my other gagues work except for this one

As far as I knew, 91 was the first year of the electronic speedo. I know 90 uses a mechanical one though.

when you replaced the sending unit did you rotate it to make sure the gear is ingaged, they sending unit has four groves in it and uses two at a time so two different positions one will work and one wont

Back