• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

evac fan built into hood?

fishjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody mount/install an electric fan blowing out to pull the heat out of the Engine bay? I would think a smaller fan pulling hot air out would work about the same as hood vents? Just a thought.:idea:

I've seen it done before, I saw a guy on cherokee forum do it to his cherokee. It made me want one. He basically made a hood scoop, with the opening facing the windsheild, and installed an extractor fan underneith it, so it would "pull" the hot air out from under the hood. Its a good idea, but I think the same thing would happen if you had hood vents because heat rises.

if you had hood vents because heat rises.
=======================================
X2
I say vent the hood and try it that way. Then add fan if needed.
I just rased the back of my hood about 2 inches.
A manual switch on the e-fan would help this also.

I've read somewhere here about a small fan mounted onto a plumbed heater core which was then mounted onto a vent cut into the hood.

Worked fantastic, but there were problems with the hood being able to support the weight for long without fabbing up some durable bracing.

Back