• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need brake pedal!!

YosemiteJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I need a brake pedal assembly from a non-ABS Jeep. Mine is a 1991 Laredo that had ABS (threw me and the mechanics for a loop haha) and I have a friend that has a '88 Renix XJ for parts. He says it doesn't have ABS, will his pedal assembly fit/work in my rig? I've been told that it probably would....anyone know?? Thanks

Doesn't appear so. Looks like you need a 91-96 one. I have relocated the pin (ground around, pressed out, drilled a new hole, pressed in and tack welded in place) on one before I converted but this isn't for everybody.

damn...It just couldn't be that easy huh? lmao I'll keep looking around. Maybe pick n pull will have something. I still can't believe they discontinued the part....

88 and 91 part numbers are different.

When you say "pedal assembly" are you talking about everything, bracket included?

Long story short, hit the salvage yards and pull what you need, or follow MJR's link but call them to verify what you are buying--if you need an assembly don't end up ordering a pedal.

He's just coverting, he only needs the pedal because the booster pin height is different.

Ok, I guess I would still hit the salvage yard then, I'm CHEAP! LOL!

Back