• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveline angles

Throttle

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I'm getting a driveline vibration and I decided to measure my driveline angles with a digital inclinometer from work. I've posted my angles in the picture below. Now from what I've read, if I'm running a CV driveshaft, which I am for the front and rear, my pinion should be 1 to 2 degrees lower than the angle of the driveshaft. Now looking at my picture below, I'm pretty sure the front driveshaft is bang on the money, where as the rear driveshaft is completely out of whack.

What do you guys think?

DRIVELINE.png

yep. youre right. the rear pinion is way too high!
it should roughly be around 15-17.8* if the ds angle is 17.8. ideally 1* below the ds angle would be sweet. do you have shims in already? shackles? blocks? etc... my guess is that you have something like a 6* shim and some super long shackles? are you running a tcase drop??? if so pull it off and remeasure. if no drop put on less shim and/or less shackle. how much lift are you running?

Now from what I've read, if I'm running a CV driveshaft, which I am for the front and rear, my pinion should be 1 to 2 degrees lower than the angle of the driveshaft.

I agree that the rear pinion should be 1° to 2° lower in the rear (because of torque wind-up from driving on the street), but not in the front. Your front angles look close enough not to mess with right now, but I'd shoot to have the front pinion in line or a little above the DS.

Where are you measuring the pinion angles from, on the face of the yoke or on the U-Joint caps?

Ive never seen 22+ degrees at the rear pinion,what set-up are you running?

Back