• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 mixing and matching question

LilTJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have a 1990 XJ with a 4.0 non-HO(block casting number 1987-90......53005535) with a hole in the block. Exhaust manifold is good, intake is good, all accesories are good, head is questionable

I have a donor motor HO ( block casting number 1999-04......53010449) block is good, intake appears good, exhaust manifold is shot, head appears ok but the rocker arms are missing a push rod is missing, and there are no accesories.

my question is what parts from the holy (non-HO) motor will be compatable with the donor motor. Thought this was gonna be a cut and dry swap but Im starting to question the ease of this swap.

Thanks for any help and info. If you need more info about the motors please let me know.

I just need to get this thing going, I live in the Pacific Northwest and my FJ40 rains more on the inside than the outside.

-Steve

Back