• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new blinker problem

deesiexj

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so i had to take my jeep into the shop to get the alternator changed. that went fine, but ever since i took it in, the left turn signal doesnt work. on the instrument panel, the light is always on, but the siganl doesnt work(front or rear). the right side works fine, and i have no idea what the problem could be. oh, and i just put in fresh blinker fluid, so i know thats not the issue. please help! :dunno:

I have the same problem every now and then ........ I think it's a blinker relay ( driver's side corner of dash ) mine will get hung up and relay will chadder.....I havent tore into it yet , But I think that's where I'll start.:explosion

CJ~Abuzer said:
You may have a burnt out bulb.

I was being serious when I said this. When you have a signal light burnt out the blinker light on the dash will stay on all the time, this is how it tells you that a lightbulb is malfunctioned.

I have yet to have one burn out on my 2000, but the above description has happened in the past with previous vehicles I have owned.

Back