• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doorless question...

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
Can running our unibody XJs door-less actually tweak the body and allow it to twist and distort ? I'm in the middle of a debate on a local forum and wanted some outside thoughts...

Thanks.

xj's have way less to worry about do to the unibody because we have less play in the body. where as the guys who have a body lift on 84 blazer have way less body and frame unity i have a friend with thatexact truck and you watch him come up the trail and the grill is going one way and the bumper goes another he get that truck in a twist and he can not open the doors

The unibody will rotate more than a framed chassis, but framed vehicles twist too.

The biggest real risk is welds and seams tearing and splitting, and getting worse and worse every time.

Doors do provide some torsional support, from the hinges and striker helping to keep the body from twisting too far. They aren't going to stop it from happening but they do help.

Here's a neat video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm_5ya4e14U

ive been wantin to make my xj to where i can take the doors on and off with ease but im not sure wat to do with all the wiring

Back