• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick lift question(s)

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
89 xj auto with 4 inches front and back (new main leaf and a 3 inch block). I have a 1 1/8 inch custom transfer drop and I still have vibes at all speeds since the new leaf. two questions:
-what is the max transfer case drop I can do?
-what am I doing damage to?
I haver to wait until spring to drop cash on a sye kit and a custom shaft (approx $900cnd) due to a new mortgage payment and four new winters dammit!Thanks and apologies for yet another tranfer thread. sorry guys!

By doing a TC drop, you are putting stress on the motor mounts more. Also, your TC shift linkage may be out of adjustment, if you havent adjusted it yet.

Take out some of the TC drop, and shim your rear axle. That will help you get a better DS angle.

Im at 4" of lift, no TC drop, and haven't had any vibes yet. All rigs are different though.

On a side note, id really consider replacing that block with an AAL, or a full pack. It will dearch the current pack quicker.

aright vibes are too bad,I have a 50 km commute to and from work,I'm getting the sye kit (not the hack and tap), Is there any suggestions for driveshaft parts to build a custom slip driveshaft?Like using parts from another jeep?I had a local shop cut down and weld yokes on a 2 peice 1970 f100 rear driveshaft too fit a 88 b2200 with a 350 chev so anything is possible. will a front driveshaft fit?
Thanks!
89 xj ,4.0 auto,4 inches lift

Thankyou! It'll be just for the winter until I can get a real one,I imagine the front driveshaft has its weak points! :clap:

Anyone use the front shaft as a rear shaft for wheeling?just curious about the strenght of the shaft?I'll probably use the double strenght u joints.thanks

It might look more flimsy, but I hear its actually heavier than the stock rear shaft. It should hold up just fine! Make sure that you grab one from an automatic though - longer transmission = longer shaft. Also, it only will work if YOU have an auto as well.

Back