• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 ho renix wont rev rough idle help from the gods!!

nightrieder

NAXJA Forum User
bought my first xj with a blown block replaced with 99 longblock. i have indexed the dizzy twice to double check. i am using renix mani's and ho head. i used my buddies sensors to see what it might be. i used his MAP and it didnt do much at all. i swapped TBs and that made it idle smoother but sounded like too high of an idle. i used his knock but it still didnt rev.

this is what it is doing know. when you first start it it idles rough. you push the throttle and it tries but wont budge. sounds as if its falling on its face or cutting out. then after a few WOT punches to see what happens it stays at a horrible idle then backfires alot and is compleatly unresponsive at the throttle. i have noticed conectors unplugged by the auto trans pc. 3 different conectors that dont go into anything.. am i missing a secondary pcm or something hahah

i had somone tell me the ecu may not be able to compensate for the 99 cam. possible.

i just want to go wheelin again. and i have been tryna get this running for 3 months now. need help from anyone that can help

THANKS!!

Sounds like a bad TPS if it will idle but falls on its face when you open the throttle.

what ecu, renix or obd 1 or 2

if using the renix ecu, you also need to use the renix flywheel/flexplate, distributor, and tps.

what ecu, renix or obd 1 or 2

if using the renix ecu, you also need to use the renix flywheel/flexplate, distributor, and tps.

renix. i have done all that. i think like the other poster said one more tooth counter clock wise but i couldnt get it to drop all the way down to the block.. the oil pump drive was in the wrong position i think. i gotta re index it today..

Last edited:
renix. everything. i think i have found my problem. i tested continuity from the tps to ground and its good but there is also a connection with the red wire.. which is the voltage supplying wire.. to ground. sooo a short? which makes sence y the sensors work on a running jeep but not on mine =( and i checked the continuity on his jeep which is what makes sence (ground goes to ground red doesnt at all.) so trace the wire find the short and replace i suppose =(

Back