• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

plug question

markg

NAXJA Forum User
91 xj 4.0.
ive just replaced just about everything with my no start issue.now it starts but idles and runs like it has a bad miss.the plugs are brand new.i pulled them after running for a while and all look brand new except the rear #6 one which is black.i pulled the plug put the wire on and grounded it and it seems to be firing fine.
any ideas?

If the spark is strong at the plug, you might have a problem with either the fuel injector not firing properly or a problem specific to that cylinder.

Verify the function of that injector (noid light, check resistance, swap, replace, etc) and running a compression test to see if cylinder #6 varies from the rest of them would also be of value.

Injector swap to see if it changes cylinders. I had one in Moab that the injectors 5 and 6 had rust packed in them and it was pretty obvious when I pulled them out to swap test.

If the spark is strong at the plug, you might have a problem with either the fuel injector not firing properly or a problem specific to that cylinder.

Verify the function of that injector (noid light, check resistance, swap, replace, etc) and running a compression test to see if cylinder #6 varies from the rest of them would also be of value.

x2, test your way to the answer.

Back