• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gears

1990cherokeee

NAXJA Forum User
So, now that i have my new axle sitting in my garage on jack-stands i wanna build it up before i slap it under my rig. i am planning on running 4:56 in my rig, i am looking for a good gear and a good place to buy it with out spending an arm and a leg, i was looking at Yukon gears how do those fair and such? Also i know i need a good master install kit what is a good on and a good place to get one of those as well. All input is good thanks for the help.

Talk to Eric at National Drivetrain. He posts here as National Drivetrain.

He just hooked me up.

i have not been able to find any 4:88's everywhere i keep finding 4:56, so thats a main reason and the other reason is how would the 4:88's do if i started to drive it as a DD?

randy's ring and pinion they are awesome to deal with also they have good deals if you shop them... yukon is number 1 in my book... they have to most complete install kits also cool stickers lol dont go cheap on gears!! like superior and usa gears..

Talk to Eric at National Drivetrain. He posts here as National Drivetrain.

He just hooked me up.

x2, nice guy. Motive Gears

Yeah, National Drivetrain has them. Just checked their site (justdifferentials.com.)

Check out complete offroad. Full gear and install kits for about $250 and they have package deals.

Big fan of these guys. ktmracer hooked me up with their website, I've talked with them several times and typically only order from them. Best deals I've found and great service.

well i made the mistake and buying from rustys for the gears i am recieving MOTIVE gears, i hear good things about them so we will see. I then bought my aussie locker from torq-masters pretty good deal cant wait to get them next week and do this axle swap! Will keep ya all posted... i learned a lesson going with rustys; poor CS!

well i made the mistake and buying from rustys for the gears i am recieving MOTIVE gears, i hear good things about them so we will see. I then bought my aussie locker from torq-masters pretty good deal cant wait to get them next week and do this axle swap! Will keep ya all posted... i learned a lesson going with rustys; poor CS!

I am running motive gears & so far so good.

how does your 4:56 do on the streets?

They do horrible, definitely don't drive on streets with 4:56's because you willbe doing 45 miles and hour at redline rpm.j/k their fine, Ive had mine for a couple of months now, and i would definitely not want to have anything higher than 4:56's, although i have wanted to do 4:88's recently. their is a rpm chart somewhere around here that i dont have enough time to find, but im sure someone can help me out here.

how does your 4:56 do on the streets?

Around town its great, with the 5sp I am a little limited on the highway to how fast I can go before I am at higher rpms, but it was worth it so I dont have to downshift up hill & through the montains etc.

Back